After a relatively short beta cycle, Apple has released iOS 12.1.3 to the public today. The update should be available to everyone at this point. You can check for it by going to Settings>General>Software Update. It ranges from 225MB up to 334MB in size depending on if you are updating your iPhone or iPad, and which model for each you are installing it on.
As expected, this update is exclusively focused on bug fixes. There aren’t any new features in the update but there are a lot of fixes that most users will appreciate having on board. Here are the release notes provided by Apple for iOS 12.1.3
- Fixes an issue in Messages that could impact scrolling through photos in the Details view
- Addresses an issue where photos could have striped artifacts after being sent from the Share Sheet
- Fixes an issue that may cause audio distortion when using external audio input devices on iPad Pro (2018)
- Resolves an issue that could cause certain CarPlay systems to disconnect from iPhone XR, iPhone XS, and iPhone XS Max
This release also includes bug fixes for HomePod. This update:
- Fixes an issue that could cause HomePod to restart
- Addresses an issue that could cause Siri to stop listening
I personally am happy to see the fixes in CarPlay as this was something that I ran into with my iPhone XS in my car.