Apple has released macOS Mojave 10.14.4 today, bringing a number of security and performance updates along with new feature updates. The build is available now and you can get it on your Mac by going to Settings>Software Update.
macOS Mojave 10.14.4 is mostly focused on bug fixes, security updates, and performance improvements, but there are some new features coming with the release. Apple News will be available to those in Canada for the first time with this release. Canadians will be able to read articles in both English and French. Touch ID support has been expanded in Safari in 10.14.4 so you can now use it to autofill browser fields. Safari also gets a new Dark Mode while the new-for-today Apple News+ is also in this release with an update to the News app.
Here are the full release notes for 10.14.4:
• Apple News+ is a new subscription service that extends the Apple News experience with hundreds of magazines and top newspapers.
• Our editors handpick top articles and magazine issues, and you also get personalized recommendations on the topics most interesting to you.
• Automatic downloads make it easy to read magazine issues offline.
• Apple News is now available in Canada, with a free experience that includes handpicked Top Stories, a personalized Today feed, and support for both English and French.
• Apple News+ is available in the U.S. and in Canada, with dozens of additional Canadian magazines.
• Adds Dark Mode support for websites that support custom color schemes.
• Streamlines website login when filling credentials with Password AutoFill.
• Allows push notification prompts only after interacting with a website.
• Adds a warning when an insecure webpage is loaded.
• Removes support for the expired Do Not Track standard to prevent potential use as a fingerprinting variable; Intelligent Tracking Prevention now protects against cross-site tracking by default.
• Shows more editorial highlights on a single page in the Browse tab, making it easier to discover new music, playlists, and more in Apple Music.
• Adds support for new AirPods (2nd generation).
• Supports Air Quality Index in Maps for US, UK, and India.
• Improves the quality of audio recordings in Messages.
• Supports real-time text (RTT) for phone calls made through a nearby iPhone on Mac.2
• Provides enhanced support for external GPUs in Activity Monitor.
• Fixes an App Store issue that may have prevented adoption of the latest versions of Pages, Keynote, Numbers, iMovie, and GarageBand.
• Improves the reliability of USB audio devices when used with MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, and Mac mini models introduced in 2018.
• Corrects the default screen brightness for the MacBook Air introduced in 2018.
• Fixes a graphics compatibility issue that may occur on some external displays connected to Mac mini (2018).
• Resolves Wi-Fi connection issues that may occur after upgrading to macOS Mojave.
• Fixes an issue where re-adding an Exchange account may cause it to disappear from Internet Accounts.
• Fixes an issue where AOL user passwords may be frequently requested in Mail.
• Fixes an issue that could prevent mobile accounts from logging in from an off-network Mac after changing their network account password.
• Fixes an issue that intermittently prevented apps from downloading from the App Store or installing via MDM.
• Mobile Active Directory accounts that have used their personal recovery key (PRK) to unlock a FileVault volume are no longer required to continue using the PRK to unlock, but can use their login password instead.