Apple has rolled out an update to the Apple Shortcuts app today. The new build, version 2.1.2 for those keeping score at home, brings two new actions as well as a host of bug fixes and other improvements. If you have the app installed on your iPhone or iPad, you should have the update available to you in the App Store.
From an actions perspective, Apple Shortcuts can now be configured to add a post to Tumblr. You can also now use the Get Time Between Dates action to count the number of months between two dates. Both are pretty simple but can be handy for some users.
As for the bug fixes, it is a laundry list. Here you go!
- Fixed an issue where the screen describing which apps and services are used by a shortcut may not appear when downloading a shortcut.
- Fixed an issue that caused shortcuts with the Open App or Play Sound actions to fail when Siri is used to run the shortcuts.
- Fixed an issue where shortcuts with Repeat with Each actions may freeze when they’re run from the widget or Library tab.
- Fixed an issue where the Phone Number action may not understand phone numbers that contain commas (pauses) or have long extension codes.
- Fixed an issue where the Show Directions action may not work when it’s run from the Shortcuts Today View widget on the Lock screen.
- Fixed an issue where the Add New Reminder action doesn’t work when a time or location isn’t entered.
- Fixed an issue where the Send Payment action may not appear to finish when making Apple Pay Cash payments.
- Fixed an issue where the Ask for Input action’s default answer field for dates wouldn’t support 24-hour time.
- Fixed an issue where the Get Name of Emoji action showed the emoji name in English when the device is set to another language.
- Fixed an issue where some shortcuts may show an error message when they’re run from Search.
- Fixed an issue where shortcuts may fail to download web pages with long Unicode titles.
- Fixed an issue where the Run Editorial Workflow action doesn’t pass a result.
- iCloud sync improvements.
- Localization improvements.
If you ran into any of these bugs in the previous version of Shortcuts, hopefully this release will get you sorted out.