Apple has expanded the number of airport terminal maps in Apple Maps today. The update brings seven new airports to the list of national and international airports where you can see where shops, restaurants, and toilets are located in terminals.
The new airports that have been added include three US airports and four international airports:
- Brisbane Airport (BNE)
- Central Japan International Airport (NGO)
- Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport (CVG)
- Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport (ATL)
- Jackson-Medgar Wiley Evers International Airport (JAN)
- Melbourne Airport (MEL)
- Tokyo Narita International Airport (NRT)
Indoor maps of malls and airports has been a consistent growth area of Apple Maps since the feature was released back with iOS 11. Apple keeps a constantly updating list of airports on their site. When you navigate to a supporting airport on your iPhone, you will see a “look inside” link for each terminal. This will drop you down into the terminal and you can see where places are located in them. Further, each level of the terminal is clearly marked.
As for this update, there is nothing you need to do. The update is a cloud-side push to your iPhone or iPad. There is no app update required on your part.