The Uber Rewards Program has finally rolled out nationally. The program, which launched last November, had originally been in a handful of cities: Miami, New Jersey, Denver, Tampa, New York, Washington DC, Philadelphia, Atlanta and San Diego. The ride share company now has rolled it out to all cities where they operate.
The Uber Reward Program has multiple tiers and how you earn points using the service. The tiers are as follows:
- Blue: 0-499 points with no benefits
- Gold: 500-2499 with ability to cancel and rebook trips for free (if done within 15 minutes) and priority support
- Platinum: 2500-7499 with price protection (even in rush hour) and priority pick-ups at airports
- Diamond: 7500 or more with 24/7 phone support, the highest rated drivers, free upgrades, and three free Uber Eats deliveries every six months
How you earn points is pretty straight forward.
Here are how the points are earned:
- 1 point for every dollar spent on UberPool and Uber Eats
- 2 points for every dollar spent on UberX, UberXL, Select, and WAV
- 3 points for every dollar spent on Black and Black SUV.
So for example, if you have a trip from home to your airport and it is $75, if you use Uber Black, you will earn 225 points. Use UberXL, your points total would be 150.
The program is squarely aimed at those who leverage the service regularly in urban areas.