Average Apple Guy was founded in August 2018 and it is aimed at the casual Apple user. It is designed to give information, news, tips & tricks, how to’s, and reviews on Apple products and accessories, MacOS, iOS, WatchOS and other general information about what is going on with Apple.
The site went on hiatus in March 2019 as Clinton, the editor of the site, took a break from tech writing to focus on his other hobby. The site began making regular updates again in September 2020.
Review Policy of Average Apple Guy
Average Apple Guy will review books, software and other products related to Apple and Apple products. Authors, developers and sellers are welcome to contact Clinton to enquire about having their product reviewed. The general guidelines are as follows:
- Review samples will not be returned
- Average Apple Guy does not accept payment for reviews nor accepts “sponsored reviews”
- Reviews take on average 2-3 weeks to complete from the time of receiving the product
- Outside of technical errors, reviews posted will not be updated or altered
Advertising Policy of Average Apple Guy
Average Apple Guy accepts advertisements from Apple related authors, developers or sellers. Pricing varies on size and location of the advert on the site. For more information, contact Clinton
Advertisements from Amazon, Google & eBay will be found on the site. These will always be located in the header or sidebar of the site or individual posts.
Average Apple Guy will never use full-page advertisements.
Unless noted in an individual post, all articles on Average Apple Guy are open for commenting. Approval of comments and the removal of offensive or “spam” comments will be removed at the discretion of the editor.
Linking to the site is allowed with the follow guidelines:
- No more than 25% of the article originally posted on the site can be in the linked article.
- Proper “Source” credit is to be provided to the site with a backlink to the originating article
Links are subject to approval at the discretion of the editor.
About Clinton Fitch
Clinton is the owner and editor of Average Apple Guy. He has been blogging about Apple, Google, Microsoft and other mobile centric companies for over 20 years. He started writing in 1998 on Handheld PCs for HPCFactor.com (one of the few remaining H/PC sites), then started ClintonFitch.com which focused on PocketPC and later Android.
Clinton’s Current Hardware
- Laptop: 2019 MacBook Pro running macOS Catalina 10.15.6
- iPhone: iPhone 11 Pro running iOS 13.7
- iPad: 5th Generation (2017) running iOS 13.7
- Apple Watch: Series 5 running WatchOS 6.2.8
- Apple AirPods Gen 2
Updated: September 11, 2020