After being announced last year, PayPal has rolled out support for Apple Pay and Apple Wallet. If you have PayPal credit or debit cards, you can now add the card(s) to Apple Wallet. From there, you can use the credit or debit card on websites as part of Apple Pay.
PayPal users can go to the PayPal app on their iPhone to start the process. You should see a new banner, “Pay with your iPhone”. Tapping that banner will open Apple Wallet and allow you to add your credit or debit card. If you don’t see the banner, you should be able to go to Apple Wallet and use the “+” button to add it to your wallet.
Additionally, Venmo, which PayPal owns, is expected to follow suit and add its own branded credit and debit cards to Apple Wallet, too. However, as of the time of this post, it was not available in Apple Wallet yet.
The PayPal credit cards have several benefits and features and is one of the higher-rated credit cards available. These features include:
- No annual fee
- Earn 3% cash back on purchases when checking out with PayPal and 2% on all other purchases
- Redeem Cash Rewards right to your PayPal balance whenever you need to. No redemption threshold
- Cash rewards don’t expire, and there are no limits to how much you can earn
- You must have an account with PayPal in order to apply for a PayPal Cashback Mastercard account
- EMV Chip Technology makes shopping more secure at chip-enabled terminals around the globe
- Use your PayPal Cashback Mastercard to shop anywhere Mastercard is accepted. No purchase restrictions.